Apr 14, 2008

It's my Birthday!



Just in case anyone is wondering what all the excitment is all about....well, quite frankly, it's all about me.




When I was growing up, Mom had a red "you are special" plate that she used for special occassions like birthdays. However, she didn't just use it for birthdays. She also gave us "We Appreciate You" parties. A "We Appreciate You" party is a party thrown in your honor for no other reason except that our parents wanted us to know that they loved us. When I got married, my mom gave me my very own "you are special" plate that we now use for birthdays and special "We Appreciate You" parties. I love this plate. It tells the user for the day that they are loved. Today, it was placed at my seat at the dinner table.



And just as family traditions goes, I could find all my cards under the plate.

This is the delicious dinner that my darling husband cooked.






And if any of you want to know what I got for my birthday....here it is....-oh brother, I want you all to know that it takes a very secure woman to do this...... (sigh.... here goes!)









I got some equipment for my triathalon that I'll be doing.

3 comments:

Kris said...

LOL'd so hard I scared my cat and I don't even HAVE a cat!! Loved the last pic there, Rebecca. You are HOT in that bathing cap. Happy Birthday, Little Sis.

Anonymous said...

Beck--

Hilarious picture! I'll have to agree with K that you are lookin' hot! :)

Tell Joel I am VERY impressed that he cooked dinner and would he PLEASE teach Mike to cook?

Kris said...

Bored out of my skull with this post.