Nov 24, 2008

A family that prays together stays together.



Do you ever just stare at a sunset and find yourself contemplating the future?
I love this site called, Prophecy Today. It corresponds today's news with a Bible verse pertaining to future events. It is very interesting! The Bible tells us that "no man knows the time" of Christ's return, but God did give us some signs to look for. One of the signs of Christ's return is when the days become as morally declined as "in the days of Noah." Back in "Noah's day," the people literally had no morals. I think we'd all agree that we are definitely living in a day where we are seeing just that. We are battling against so much with what is on tv, internet, magazines, billboards. It seems that I can't even walk through the mall without being plagued with loose morals. It's everywhere you turn. Sometimes it feels as if we're teaching our children how to swim in the ocean with enormous waves swelling over us. I get tired. I get scared. I fear for their future. I worry. My thoughts battle against what I know to be truth. Here are some truths that I am clinging to today:

He promises to never give us anything that we can't handle. 2 Corintheins 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

He promises never to leave us. Hebrews 13:5 "I will never leave thee nor forsake thee."

He promises strength in the midst of trouble. Isaiah 40:29 "He gives strength to the weary, And to him who lacks might He increases power."

I believe that Satan's attacks are targeted on our families. Cling to your family, pray for your family, exchange your thoughts of worry for God's truth, and teach it to your children. You are protecting yourself from Satan's attacks!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Group hug! What a cute picture--don't tell me you actually took that with a timer. If so--I'm impressed! I can't believe everyone wasn't giggling their heads off! :) Sweet dreams.

Alyssa said...

What truths!!!!! Amen! It is great to KNOW HIM! I love your picture too. Great post...thanks:)

Anonymous said...

Psalm 100 says: "we are His people...." "be thankful to Him...for the Lord is good, His mercy is everlasting and HIS TRUTH endures to all generations." As children learn to pray, God's mercy and truth are passed along to them. The only thing we can take with us to heaven is our loved ones.

Precious picture and wonderful reminder.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to be a part of that group hug at Christmas! ;)

DeAnna said...

So true!! You would never know this....but I worry about the future and my kids too. :) God is in control and He is good, but somehow I seem to let Satan's tactics start to scare me. Thanks for the verses and reminder.


(For the record though, you know the self timer picture deserves some ridicule from me. :) )