Jan 2, 2009

A few of our Favorite Things


We had a wonderful Christmas this year. Thought I'd share some of the highlights and a few of our favorite things here....







Matt has been into planes in a major way this year. He was thrilled with his new plane...so was Joel.


Christmas night, I found him under the tree, still playing with it.


Emma loved her diamond ring...



One of Mary's favorite things....


My favorite present was my bathing suit. :o)



This past Christmas, I decided to give blood. I was left with quite the bruise from the ordeal, however, they gave me a free ice-scraper as a "thank you" gift. Here's a picture of Joel receiving his sacrificial gift from weak, little ole me....




Annie loved her "potty dolly." (Just what every mom dreams of. Your own child is finally potty trained, and now I've got to keep an eye on the doll's "accidents.") -thanks, Trish! :o) Annie thought it was hysterical when the doll actually went potty.


She laughed.


and laughed...



and laughed....



until I told her to changed the diaper... She said, "Me???? Moooommmmy, I 'done' wannnnnaaaaaa."



So, she brought her dolly straight to her daddy.

(I love the look of concentration on Joel's face here.)



Some of the most treasured gifts can't be found under the Christmas tree...


For me, the highlight was sitting around the table as a family, just laughing and sharing together.





I love it when everyone is home and we're altogether. God has blessed me with such a wonderful family! I love you all!!!


























Happy New Year, everyone!!! Count your blessings. They're all around you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Annie's little baby doll is so funny! I had so much fun that christmas! I was so EXCITED to open my stocking.

Anonymous said...

When Emma got her diamond ring, did she ask you:

Is it Real?".

Christmas was wonderful! I love our family! We had so much fun. I'm missing you all today.

Becky said...

LOL! Will I ever live that down?

Kris said...

Thanks for a wonderful Christmas, Beck. I love spending time with you all. A special thanks for including me in all of the family excitement on Christmas morning. Watching all of your guys give each other presents with such joy was the highlight. Sorry about blubbering like an idiot. Ha ha. . .

good_to_be_home said...

Becky, this post was so cute! I'm sitting here smiling. Glad you had such a Merry Christmas.

And now.....HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and your family!
Love, Shanda

DeAnna said...

Oh, I love the pictures and I love how much fun you guys had together! Such a sweet time, I'm sure. Emma and Isabella - again so much alike, Isabella has been asking her daddy for a diamond for a while now. We never found anything though. Annie cracks me up with her doll, we got Isabella the one that just pees - I was so not doing both. :) She thinks it is hilarious too, she hears the sound it starts to make then starts to take the diaper off and cracks up that it is peeing. Really, is bathroom humor supposed to be this funny to her? And rather than name the doll, she says where's "pees in her diaper"? I hope she doesn't think of any wonderful names for me like that. :) And you know I'm cracking up at the picture of you after giving blood. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, once again I have been distracted from the blog world. Can't believe I missed this post, Beck! Adorable.

I am greatly thrilled that potty dolly was such a big hit!! However, Auntie Tricia will not be helping in the diaper department. :) LOL!

P.S Hi Mary! Look at you on this blog!!