Oct 3, 2009
You know you're a homeschooler when your husband asks a question at the dinner table and two of your children raise their hands. Homeschooling is a topic that makes us all think of jean jumpers, long hair to the waist, no make up and weird, unsocialized, robotic children. I homeschool, however....
1. I got rid of my jean jumper in 1984.
2. Third grade was the last time I had hair to my waist.
3. Makeup is my friend.
4. Unsocialized, robotic children are indeed strange.
There are pros and cons to homeschooling. The biggest pro is that I get to be involved in our children's day to day activities. The con would be that I get to be involved in our children's day to day activities...leaving very little room to go out with another mom for a cup of coffee.
Since it's Friday, and since I've got no one to drink coffee with tomorrow, I thought I'd spring a "pop quiz" on ya. The first person to accurately answer all three questions will win, and win big! I don't fool around. The prize for the Homeschool Pop quiz will be.... drumroll, please....... a cup of coffee with me!!! (if you don't drink coffee, pretend you do. I need grown up conversation!)
PLEASE, form a single line, people. -No shoving, pushing, kicking, pinching or tackling.
Are you ready? -cue Jeopardy music-
On your... keyboard,
1. What year did the War of 1812 begin? I'll repeat it for those of you who did just as poorly as I did in History class in 9th grade...what year did the War of 1812 begin?
2. Answer this question
3. Identify these famous people
End of Quiz
*I will anxiously be hitting my refresh button to see who the winner is!