Aug 12, 2008

Supersize Me

Lately, I feel like I'm Alice in Wonderland. Things around me seem to be unusually large. As we pulled in the driveway tonight, I saw what seemed like a huge pine cone. I got out of the car and started to walk toward it. It moved. I stopped. I ever so slowly, and very cautiously inched toward it again. It moved. My heart began to pound. I felt short of breath, and began sweating. The curiosity was too much for me to stop now. What was this mystery animal??? You can never be sure what kind of wildlife you will encounter around here, so I knew I had to arm myself. With a bad mitten racket in hand, I began my pursuit once more. This time, the creature moved TOWARD me! I yelled for back-up. Joel came running to my side. "What is it?" he asked. "I don't know, but it's very, very large," I breathlessly answered. We couldn't see a thing in the darkness of the night. Joel took the bad mitten out of my hand, and managed to get this large thing into the spotlight.

This is what it was....



























































ISN'T HE THE SICKEST THING EVER?????!!!! GAG! and he's so big, too!!!!!!!! I think I prefer the dead squirrell over this! My toes are curling as I type this. Looks like he just finished a little winged snack. Apparently, Mamma Toad forgot to wipe his mouth before he left home. Do you know how freakishly close I had to get to him to take this picture....and all because I wanted to show you guys. I hope you're appreciative. I can't tell you how many times my husband has come up behind me and said, "Ribbit" and I've hit the ceiling! Oh, the sacrifices I make to bring you the news around here.



And Mr. Toad wasn't the only thing that has been supersized. Get a load of the mushroom Matt found this week!!!



What's happening around here? I'm afraid what will be next!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol, lol, lolllllllllllllll! That was the absolute funniest post you've ever done. The music was hilarious and I do believe I am wiping a little sweat off of my upper lip right now.
And the mushroom? Is that a joke?

Becky said...

Mushroom, not a joke. It was totally growing at Dad and Mom's house! Matt came home on his bike and said, "Mom! Look at this!!!" Don't ask me how he biked home with that sucker. Maybe he wore it as a hat???

Glad I amused you. I personally cannot go on my own blog, because I have successfully freaked myself out. You should have seen me trying to get the comments page just now. My hands were so shakey on the mouse, and I was clicking so fast. I swear that thing is going to hope right out of my computer screen and eat me!

someone who loves you said...

I'm up in the woods here and it takes FOREVER to download pictures. Imagine my anticipation as I listened to the Jaws Theme...sweating upper lip? shaking hands? bad dreams? What could it possibly be? A wolf? A moose? A coyote? I mean my imagination was going wild!!! I had to pull back a bit as I remembered "large pine cone" comparison. Ok, Ok, a giant bat? A bloodsucking something, a creepy crawly icky thing? and then I saw it:

A STINKIN ' FROG???????

Are you kidding me?

What a disappointment.
However :
The mushroom is totally awesome.

Becky said...

Ok, first of all, it wasn't JUST A STINKEN FROG!!! It was the mother of all warty toads!!!!! It was huge! AND! it almost ate me when I tried to walk around it!

A little sympathy here!