Jan 18, 2011

Deep Thoughts by Annie and Emma

Emma and Annie came walking into the room, dressed like this....





I said, "Oh, are you girls pretending to be shepherds?"
"No." Annie said, "We're Nuns."

(too much "Sound of Music" does this)

----------------------------------------------------------------------


Conversation has been interesting with these two lately. Tonight, for instance, Joel was talking to the kids about God's love and he said, "He loves you so much that he sent His son, Jesus to die on the cross."
Emma, "Wait a minute, wait a minute. I thought Mary was the mother of Jesus."
Joel, "She is."
Emma, "Mary got married to God?"
Joel, "No, Mary wasn't married to God, but God is the Father of Jesus."
Emma, "Well, who married Mary?"
The entire room...."Joseph."
Emma, "But I thought you just said that God was the father of Jesus."

I thought I'd try my hand at explaining, "God is the Father. The Bible says that the Holy Spirit came upon Mary. So, that's how the baby was put in her belly."

Emma, "So, there was no Dad?"

At this point, Annie (age 5) has had enough of this ludicrousness and decided to join the conversation..."Emmaaaaaa, if dere's no dad, whose gonna dwive da car?"

Everyone slowly looks at Annie.

"What do you mean, Ann? What car?" I asked.

Annie- "When hor belly horts, if dere's no dad, who dwove Mary to hosbubble?"

Me- "Umm, Annie, there were no cars back then. Mary hopped a donkey. Joseph led the way.... and P.S...no hospitals, either."

Family devotions dismissed.

8 comments:

Krissy said...

That is incredibly hilarious. Especially because I can completely imagine the tone in which she said it.
As for the nun costumes...
Thumbs up to Em for an authentic representation.
Ummmmm...Ann? Ya really think Sister Anna Grace would be wearing a thin pink nightie with a sparkly princess emblazoned across the front? I'm thinking you'd be scrubbing the floors in the abbey if you showed up to morning prayers in that get up.

Becky said...

lol!
I'd like to say a word on her behalf.....
Anna Grace makes meeeeeeee laugh! *giggle, giggle, giggle**Oh how do you solve a problem like Anna Grace....how do you catch a cloud and pin it down....how do you find a word that means Anna Grace...

Krissy said...

a flipperty gibbet...
a will of a wisp...
a clown.
(Don't ask me if I got those lyrics right, but that's how I always heard it)

Becky said...

"She is gentle! She is wild!
She's a riddle! She's a child!
She's a headache!!
She's an angel!
She's a girl!"

--Man! I love it when Mother Theresa straightens it all out there with that one line. So much wisdom on her part! It makes me a little weepy.

someone who loves you said...

uh, that would be:

she is gentle
she is KIND
she's a riddle
she's a child
she's a headache
she's an angel
she's a Guurl...

The devos made me laugh so hard I got tears in my eyes b/c I, too, can picture how the whole thing went down....
EEEEEMMMMMMMMAAAAAAA....

Got to admit, Emma gets an 'A' for her pointed questions.

Annie's answers? Well...what do you expect from a nun in a pink Princess nitie????

Becky said...

True, I mean if she can't even get the nun "habit" right, how can we expect her to get the transportation of Mary and Joseph right...

We'll work on both.

Krissy said...

In the words of the Baroness--
"Somewhere out there is a lady who I think will never be a nun."

Anonymous said...

Just now got a chance to read your blog..... I admit gals, I think these comments make me laugh the hardest!!

Seriously, Beck--great blog and I love how you just made up for an entire year with one post...... maybe I'll start blogging again! You've inspired me.....please though--you've got to write a book! :) You are soooo funny!

Krissy--nice quote from the Baroness.... but I on the contrary think she'll make a wonderful nun! :) LOL!