Sep 26, 2009

Are you a tooter?

How could I forget to add this to our "cornmaze day"?!! While at the farm, they gave away free frisbies! The kids were delighted! One of the girls shouted, "MOMMY! Now, we don't need to use pretend steering wheels anymore! We can use these!"

And they did.



All the way home.


Little road rage education for Emma here.
I looked at Joel, "Imagine that! We got a hornblower back there. I wonder where she got that from?" -for those of you who do not know my husband, in the almost 14 years that we've been married...I'm thinking now....I don't want to exaggerate because you know that I don't do that here. (or here) I don't think I've ever seen him use the horn on our car once. Well, maybe he did use it once..... when I was in labor and we were stuck in Boston traffic. (Come to think of it, I believe I was the one who leaned over, and laid on the horn for the next 26 miles)

Survey for my readers:

Are you a tooter...by that question, I mean, "Do you beep your horn?"

Are you a friendly hello tooter?
An emergency tooter?
Or I'm just in a bad mood tooter?

I'll be the first to start off....yes, I do use my horn. I am guilty of using it under all three conditions. An "emergency" can be described as:
1. Someone taking my parking spot.
2. I'm late getting to the Creamy ice cream stand, and someone just pulled out in front of me.
3. I have also been known to beep at deer, rabbits, raccoons and small birds. I think that one falls under the bad mood category.

We grew up with good morals, concerning the horn. We never beeped on Sundays because you never know, that person could pull into church right in front of you. (embarrassingly enough, it happened. I won't tell you who it was, 'cuz that would be gossip, and that's not what this blog is for. )

10 comments:

Tough Chick said...

I'm not a tooter...
I personally just roll down the window enough to get my lips out and say,... oh, never mind...

Becky said...

Oh no, please tell us, Mom! .... I mean "tough chick." You can be a guest blogger on here and tell your story. We love that story!

Kris said...

Well, I'm ashamed to have to admit, but I've been known to use my horn impolitely while driving. Let's not forget, I AM Don Adams' daughter. I'm definitely one of the "give em the horn and keep on driving" personalities, though. I'd be feeling really awkward if I laid into somebody with the horn then pulled up right next to them at a stop light. For the most part, though, I try to reserve my horn honking for a friendly little toot toot as I'm pulling out of a friend's driveway, or if I pass by a good looking man out for a jog.

Becky said...

Kris,
Remember when we were in Enfield and that dude pulled out in front of me, and I laid on my horn for a solid mile? Man, I showed him, didn't I? I bet he never, ever pulled out in front of another soul again. I bet he's still crying right now because he feels so bad!

anonymous :) said...

Apparently it runs in the family. . . .

Let's see---My first toot--on our honeymoon--we had a long drive and I told Mike I would take a turn driving--some dummy pulled out in front of us and with our "just married" sign on the back of the car, I beeped, yelled "Moron" and shook my head in disgust. Mike woke up and looked at me in shock and horror like. . . . "What in the world did I just marry?"

Unfortunately, not my last toot. . . . .Very recently, I must confess going to the town hall (with our new Pilot) to vote and some old guy stopped in front of my causing an "almost" rear end collison. . . . yes, I beeped and told Mike we needed to go home because I realized we would be standing right behind him waiting to vote. . . . (Mike made me face the music though and we went in anyway) Very embarrassing!

Becky said...

There. Now don't you feel better getting it all out? We're connecting here, ladies.

Krissy said...

Yes, I do remember that, Rebecca. Scared me silly.
Very funny, T.
You too, Mom.

Liar Liar Pants on Firer said...

Notice it's just the psycho family responding here? Does this tell you anything ladies? Awkward...

"Anonymous said" made me laugh out loud when I read, "I told Mike..." :)
Didn't take ya long to blow your cover.

And Beck: Tough Chick is not ME...
Um...did I just blow my cover also?

DeAnna said...

Ok a toot can NOT mean laying on the horn agressively... I mean really can you imagine saying "that I-D-I-O-T (have to spell it of course) just pulled out in front of me, but I showed him, I tooted." That sounds either way too dainty or strangely crude. Personally, I beep whenever possible, happy toots, angry beeps, I even learned from my dad to beep the horn and wave at no one just so the person in the car with you will look to see why you're beeping. (Honestly, he does this and thinks its hilarious) My favorite beep though is when my husband is coming to get in the car, or maybe even lifting the hood to look at something and I beep and make him jump. Nothing like a good scared you beep. :)

Becky said...

lol, DeAnna!

PS Tell your dad that I'm coming along next time he goes out. :o)