May 14, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mary and Emma!

(THEN)



(NOW)


Today Mary turned 10 and Emma turned 6. I know the phrase all too well, "time flies." Scrolling from the first picture to the next seems like the last 6 years have gone by just that fast. I love being a mom. I love it that our girls share a birthday. I love it when we sing "Happy Birthday", and everyone gets tongue twisted because they have to squeeze in two names. I love it that Mary and I cooked her birthday dinner together for the first time this year. I love it that the first things the kids wanted to do this morning was give their presents to their sisters.

I love it that Annie's little present to Mary was the worst wrapping job I've ever seen. :o)


I love it that Emma values her "hatch a chicken" egg from Mikey as precious as the Hope diamond.




I love it that Cinderella showed up tonight at dinner.


I love it that Daddy gave each of the girls their own card that he picked out, containing a gift card tucked inside for a special dinner date, just the two of them. I love it that Emma hugged Joel for so long, his face turned purple.

I love it when Emma opens her presents, she squeals, "MARY! look!!" because the excitement is too much for her to enjoy all by herself.




I love it when the kids all laugh together at a joke, and Joel and I don't get. I love every moment that I'm a mom to these precious ones!



I love it that even though it rained today, we had sunshine all day long.



Love your moments, because your moments are your life!

My sweet girls,
The Bible says that our lives are like a vapor. It's here and then it's gone. Why is is that your vapor seems quicker than mine? I wish I could make time stand still, but that's selfish, I know. I love being your mom. Sometimes, when I think about you, my eyes fill with tears, and I whisper "thank you" to the Lord. I still can't believe that God said I could take care of you for Him. You each are loved more than you can ever know!!! Daddy and I will never be the perfect parents, but we serve the perfect God, and we pray that's what you see. We promise you that by His strength, we will do our best to teach you to love him with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind.
Happy Birthday! I love you my sweethearts!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great, so now I have to go return my "hatch a chicken" egg tomorrow and get the girls a different present! Mikey, I guess great minds think a like!
And seriously Becky. You have to quit making me cry with these posts.
~Liz

Becky said...

Baby.

good_to_be_home said...

This is a sweet post that any mother worth her salt will understand all too well. Time flies.....but make every day count so there are no regrets.
Happy Birthday to your beautiful girls!
~Shan

Trish said...

Just saw the girls birthday cake--adorable! I didn't know those flowers were in their cake! You always come up with the cutest cake decor. I echo you thoughts exactly--nothing is more precious than celebrating your child's birthday. Just a beautiful post!

P.S. What's in Mary's big box??

Becky said...

a big box of chocolates.

Actually, it's a horse for her doll.