May 2, 2009

See my PWEE-DEE DWESS?!

"Hey! You in there!"




*slowly looking around the room*




-who me?






"Yeah, come here, I wanna tell you somefing."










"See my pwee-dee dwess?




-yeah.







"MY Mommy made it!!!!"






-SHUT UP!






"Don't say dat. It's a bad word."





-I'm terribly sorry! It's just that I thought your mother only knew how to duct tape and glue!








"Nope.......TAAAA DAAAAAAAA!!!!!!"




-It is indeed beautiful, and really, it's not that I don't believe you, but I should probably let you know that your mother got a D in home-ec class.





"What's home-ec?"




-oh, never mind. How did she do all the smocking?








"This stuff?"




-Yes. that stuff.








"It was yike dis when she bought it."






-Careful of the bees in those flowers.






"I just saw one. I'm going to stand VER-WEEEEEEEEEE still. Just don't talk to me for a second."







-ok.






*crickets chirping*







*birds singing*







*bees buzzing*









*breeze blowing*









*more crickets chirping*









-Uhm, Ann? I think they're gone.








"Let's go ove-or to da swing."







-Back to our conversation about that dress. Sooooo, basically your mom is trying to claim the name, "seamstress" when in actuality, she only sewed one line and the ribbons.








"I don't care. My mommy made it just for me."





"And, I yuv it! It makes me feel pweetty."





-pssssss, Annie! It's me....Mommy. You modeled great, baby! Way to make me look like a sewer!





"You're silly, mommy!"





-I love you, darling!





Oh! you'll never know, how very, very much I love you!!!!

14 comments:

DeAnna said...

How cute!! You did good. :) I love the picture of her laying on the swing and then the last picture is just beautiful with the breeze blowing through her hair. You never know, you might start sitting at your sewing machine as much as me. :)

Becky said...

It really is contagious. I'm ready to start something with that bumblebee fabric...don't ask me what.

mama said...

Did you really get a "D" in home ec? Well, you've come a L-O-N-G way baby! The dress is adorable and so is Fan...her blue eyes are beautiful. I LOLed on the pictures "standing still for a minute" b/c of the bees. I don't believe for minute there was a bee within a 100 miles of her-NO WAY would she stand still and smile like that!

Krissy said...

How about a bumblebee jumper for Auntie Krissy? =D Seriously, when I was in 9th grade (Burge, you may remember this), I decided to sew a skirt for myself. I found this royal blue fabric, wrapped it around myself and just sewed straight down in a line. Since I was done in such a timely manner, I took the liberty of adding some white lace around the bottom of the skirt. For some reason, it didn't hit me until I was actually wearing it that it would be extremely hard to walk in. I think I had to take 12 baby steps to even advance a foot. Embarrassing!

DeAnna said...

I do hope someone has a picture of Krissy's skirt. :)

Becky said...

Sure enough, Mom, I got a D. I think Krissy taught me how to sew. Seriously, Kris, royal blue and lace? Who do you think you are..... the Queen of England....dork!

And Mom, are you sitting down for this one? Those purple flowers were actually covered with bees! You could hear all the buzzing as you got close to those bushes. I always heard that you don't have to be afraid of the fat, fuzzy ones...(at least where bees are concerned)....because they don't sting. Hope I was correct on that assumption, because my Annie whole-heartedly trusted me. She kept asking, "Dis is a chubby one, wite?" So in those pictures, that really WAS a nervous smile on her face!

Becky said...

Personally, I would prefer a video of Krissy walking in her skirt!

Trish said...

Pwee-dee dress, Annie!

Beck--you sure get and A-plus in sewing now! Adorable. She is such a ham in front of the camera.

And, yes, you piqued the interest of this science nerd so I googled the 'ol bee question. . . . .

The results are in----

Girls sting
Boys don't

So tell Annie if him's a boy--you're good! :) LOL!

Becky said...

Next question, how do you tell if it's a boy or a girl? .....lipstick?

DeAnna said...

The ones with black and yellow stripes are boys, the ones with yellow and black stripes are girls. :)

Becky said...

well, THAT certainly cleared it up. -rolling eyes-

Thanks, DeAnna. :o)

Krissy said...

Ahhhhhh, I'm out of here for one day and all you girls make a mockery of me?
Ha ha. . . I promise I will do my absolute best to find a picture of myself in that skirt. As for my motif, Beck, need I remind you that it was the 80's and royal blue was quite a popular color back then? The lace I have no excuse for, but the color I unequivocably stand behind. Oh, and I think I wore it with a white blouse and one of those little brooch pins we used to wear at the neck. Does anybody else remember that look? Uh! Dead embarrassing.

good_to_be_home said...

This was so fun to read, esp. the repeating photo representing Annie standing still so the bee didn't get her. Made me laugh.
The dress is great! good idea to play with a store bought dress to make it unique for your ADORABLE daughter!
Rich is away on business so I'm back to the couch with baby, waiting to watch the Duggers on TLC. Maybe grab a snack. Other kids in bed. finally. *sigh of delight*

Becky said...

Thanks, Shanda...WHAT? The Duggers are on??!! I think I'll join you.