May 5, 2009

An old photo and well known prayer




This is an old picture, but not an old prayer! See that little baby curled up in my arms? She's 4 years old now! This morning, my little girl climbed onto the couch next to me. She had her "baby bible" in her hand, and wanted me to read to her. We talked about God's creation. She was full of questions like,

"Who made my eyes?"

"Who made my ears?"

"And who made my mouth?"

"Who made dat mountain?"

"Who made doze bordies?"

"When's lunch?"


I love these moments. :o) I won't always be able to answer all her questions, but I'm thankful that I can go to the One who does!

Psalm 104:24

How many are your works, O Lord! In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures.



Psalm 24:1‑2

The earth is the LORD's and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it; for He founded it upon the seas and established it upon the waters.



Hebrews 11:3

By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

3 comments:

Krissy said...

Oh my, I don't know who looks more innocent and sweet in that picture--you or Annie!
Love it and love the verses. It's humbling to remember that the universe was formed just by the voice of God. Takes away anxious thoughts and reminds me how trustworthy He is. Especially on those days when I feel like nobody listens when I speak. . . glad to have a God who has the power to create Everest, the Great Barrier Reef, and the Appalachian Trail in a breath. So why do I forget to pray?

Becky said...

I look more innocent.

Trish said...

Amen to you both! Great verses, Beck and great thoughts on prayer, K.

Love the beautiful picture--seems like just yesterday. Can't believe how fast time flies when you're having fun!