May 29, 2009

Special Friends

A few weeks ago, Great Papa came for a sleep over. He wanted to get up bright and early and take Matthew turkey hunting. They scouted the woods the night before.




Matthew jumped out of bed with excitement to get ready. Papa gave him layer after layer of camouflage to put on. He was in his glory!


First, they set up the "decoy." -for those of you who don't know what a decoy is. It's basically a hot, faker of a turkey that attracts the boys. -you know much like what we see on the magazine covers.

I can't tell you how many times I walked by the window and gasped because I thought the decoys were real. Actually, if I did tell you how many times I stopped and gasped, I would embarrass myself, so I choose not to.

HUH! WHAT??!!! MATT! It's a.....oh. -never mind.

-Admit it, you all gasped because you thought it was real.



And now, the waiting begins...nothing sweeter than sitting next to your pal in the quietness of the early morning.




Psalm 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God:

Staring at his creation, I can't help but think about Him.



I am enjoying these mountains because of Him.

I am enjoying the sunsets because of Him.




I am enjoying my family because of Him.



I am breathing because of Him.


Proverbs 18:24
there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother

And again....nothing sweeter than the quietness of the morning with your friend.

4 comments:

Mama said...

Loved seeing the pictures of the two buddies dressed in camo, sitting out there together. Wonder what an 11 yr old boy and an 83 yr old GreatPapa talked about for 5 hrs? I know my Dad has some awesome hunting stories, and when I was little I would sit and listen to them for hours. It is a sweet memory for me, and I am SO thankful that my Dad is doing the same for his great grandson.

"The heavens declare the glory of God" Beautiful pictures, Becky. I am very anxious to get home and sit with you, coffee in hand, enjoying the sunsets with my precious little ones!

Trish said...

I was just thinking the same thing, Mom. Aren't they so cute together. Very cool decoy--I love your explanation of what a decoy is. . . . LOL!

Kris said...

Thank you for sharing these precious pictures. I agree, T and Mom--Great Papa is the best!!!

DeAnna said...

What sweet pictures and sweet times you are documenting for Matt. How great to be able to spend such cherished time with a Great grandfather and what a blessing that a pre-teen boy realizes what a treasure it is to spend time with his great papa. So many kids his age just kind of overlook spending time with grandparents, great grandparents...

(By the way, I love, LOVE the new header, what an adorable picture!)